The future of gambling and sports betting is dead in Florida if Amendment 3 passes, according to the two largest daily fantasy sports providers.
DraftKings and Fan Duel both sent out press releases on Thursday, October 4th, warning voters of the Sunshine State about Florida Amendment 3, and how it attempts to mislead residents of the state.
Florida Amendment 3 states it will give Florida voters “the exclusive right to decide whether to authorize casino gambling.”
However, if the amendment passes, the Florida State Legislature would be prevented from ever crafting or passing any legislation regarding casinos, gambling, or sports betting in the state or be able to propose future amendments regarding gambling to a ballot.
Florida registered voters will decide whether Florida Amendment 3 passes or not on November 6th, and October 9th is the registration deadline to vote in the 2018 general election for the state of Florida.
Here are the press releases from DraftKings and Fan Duel:
DraftKings Press Release
Vote NO on Amendment 3 in Florida!
What is Amendment 3?
- Amendment 3 would take the power away from the legislature to authorize sports betting in Florida.
- It pretends to give voters more power, but it is really an attempt to let special interests determine what you can and can’t do with your own hard-earned money.
What happens if Amendment 3 passes?
- Any attempt to bring sports betting to Florida would be dead in its tracks.
- Florida would be left behind as other states legalize sports betting.
- There would be no recourse. Once it passes there is no turning back.
What can I do?
- VOTE AGAINST AMENDMENT 3 IN NOVEMBER!
- Learn more about Amendment 3 at: https://www.choosemenot3.com/
Fan Duel Press Release
Vote no on Amendment 3 – protect your right to bring sports betting to Florida
It’s important to vote NO on Amendment 3 in this election.
Amendment 3 was written to try to deceive you…
It pretends to give voters more power, but the reality is it seeks to make it impossible to bring sports betting to Florida and makes it more difficult to protect your right to play fantasy sports.
States across the country are racing to legalize sports betting, but Amendment 3 would stop any chance of bringing sports betting to Florida dead in its tracks.
Sports fans like you are now able to legally place bets using the FanDuel app in New Jersey, and at locations in West Virginia, Delaware, and Mississippi, with more states coming on soon. And fans LOVE it.
But if Amendment 3 passes, the Legislature will no longer have the power to authorize sports betting in Florida.
Our opponents will also use Amendment 3 to make it more difficult to protect your right to play fantasy sports.
Preserve the opportunity to have legal, engaging, and exciting sports betting in Florida.
Please vote NO on Amendment 3.