Due to the recent shutdown of Internet cafes that were operating as Florida online casinos, state residents may not be sure what to think when it comes to the legality of gambling over the Internet.
This portion of our guide was designed to provide players with clear, concise information that clears up any confusion surrounding casino gambling for Florida players. We address what the state’s position is on the matter, which Federal laws play a role, and what options are available to players seeking legal Florida online gambling.
It is our desire that our audience has the tools necessary to make informed decisions regarding what gambling options are right for them. Gambling online in Florida is perfectly legal, but you must play with a legitimate international operator in order to do so safely.
Are Florida Online Casinos Legal?
Yes, but only if those sites are based outside of the US. To that end, there are a number of reputable online casinos that are licensed and regulated outside of the United States and welcome players from Florida at just 18 and up.
There are not any state or USA federal gambling laws that prohibit players from participating in online casino gambling at these offshore sites.
The one Federal law that affects online casino gambling is the UIGEA banking bill, which was passed back in 2006. This law is aimed at US-based payment processors and places strict regulatory oversight on how online gambling transactions are processed. The UIGEA does not directly affect players in any way and does not restrict access to legally sanctioned online gambling platforms, including Florida online poker sites or FL online sportsbooks.
If you would like to learn more about the specific FL gambling laws and statutes, then we recommend you review our guide to Florida online gambling laws.
Legal Florida Online Casinos
Below are the brands which were found to meet our standards for secure, reputable, and high-quality online casino destinations that accept Florida residents.
Each has been put through a thorough review process and has been vetted by our team of gambling experts. They are each legitimately licensed, provide an excellent online gambling experience, and deliver a safe and secure gaming environment.
|Site Name||Bonus||Rating||Type||USA||Visit Site|
Other Florida Gambling Pages
How Do I Find Reputable And Legal Florida Online Casinos?
You could do a simple Google search and try your luck, but we strongly caution against this, primarily because the rogue or predatory online casinos out there are highly skilled at posing as professional, legitimate casino destinations when in fact they are designed strictly to take advantage of you.
Then you have your basic low-quality casinos which just offer a sub-standard gambling experience, slow payouts, and questionable practices that do not put players first.
In order to avoid all these undesirable scenarios, we recommend that you rely on our trusted USA online gambling guide to Florida casinos. Our team has carefully vetted each brand represented here and has put each FL online casino through an exhaustive review process. These are the elements we look for to determine the legitimacy of any online casino:
- Is the casino licensed and certified by a recognized and legitimate governing jurisdiction that provides strict regulatory oversight?
- Does the casino hold legitimate compliance certifications to indicate that they subject their RNG (random number generation) technology and fair gaming practices to regular auditing by respected third-party industry watchdogs?
- Does their security profile mirror that of world-class financial institutions, featuring sophisticated SSL/TLS coding, data encryption, and fraud prevention?
- How efficient are the casino’s administrative processes for registration and account setup?
- How efficient and convenient is their gambling banking suite, including the flexibility of their deposit method menu and the speed of their payouts?
- How knowledgeable and responsive is their customer support?
- How reliable is their software performance?
- What is the game menu like?
- Do they offer strong player bonuses, promotions, and incentives with reasonable wagering requirements?
- What is their reputation like among players and industry professionals?
This is just scratching the surface of the elements we review in our process to determine a site’s legitimacy and worth. As industry professionals, we have a trained eye for what to look for in reviewing online casino components, and we have the experience necessary to gather some of the more difficult-to-reach information.
With many years in the online gambling arena, we have been able to develop and cultivate extensive relationships and resources, enabling us to review each brand as both registered players and gambling pros. This gives us a perspective that not everyone is privy to and access to resources that not everyone has.
Florida Online Casino Games
All of the best FL online casinos recommended here have hundreds of electronic online slots, table games, and specialty games. These are all designed by the top random number generation (RNG) software developers in the world, including Realtime Gaming, Microgaming, and Betsoft, all of whom also develop the electronic games you’ll find in FL’s Hard Rock venues and other brick-and-mortar casino locations.
These online casino games are all regularly audited for fair iGaming compliance, which means you’ll have the exact same odds of winning that you would at the big casino resorts, all from the comfort of your backyard golf course or alligator farm. In general, you can expect these kinds of titles at any trusted FL online casino site:
- Slots (3-Reel, 5-Reel, 3D, Progressive Jackpot)
- Roulette (American + European)
- Mini-Baccarat (aka Super 6)
- Video Poker
- Pull tabs
- Live Dealer Casino Games
Brick-And-Mortar Casinos In FL
Below is a list of some of the land based casinos that are available to players in Florida. These casinos are all legally licensed and regulated, but none of them offers the ability for players to gamble online.
You must physically be present at these venues to enjoy their game selections, and the Class III venues all require FL gamblers to be 21 or older:
FL Class III Tribal Casinos
- Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Hollywood (Hollywood)
- Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Tampa (Tampa)
- Seminole Casino Brighton (Okeechobee)
- Seminole Casino Coconut Creek (Coconut Creek)
- Seminole Casino Immokalee (Immokalee)
- Seminole Classic Casino (Hollywood)
FL Class II Tribal Casino
- Miccosukee Resort and Gaming Center (Miami)