The state of New York has been fairly warm towards the gambling industry as is demonstrated by their tolerance of land-based gambling in the state. There are multiple brick-and-mortar casinos available for New York residents to enjoy, many of which the Indian tribes in NY play a large role in. This guide has been created to provide helpful information to players in New York who are interested in learning more about their legal options and opportunities concerning online gambling. While several other states have embraced and moved forward with legalizing state-sponsored online gambling for their residents and visitors, NY has not yet moved forward with the concept of web-based state-sponsored options, hence no form of legal state licensed New York online gambling is yet available.
This page will discuss the legal New York online gambling options that are available to players in the state, and how to determine the legitimacy and quality of an online gambling site accepting NY players. Additional sections to this guide that cover specific gambling platforms that may be of interest to NY gamblers include New York online casinos, New York online poker, and New York online sports betting. There is also a guide that is specific to New York online bingo.
Is Online Gambling Legal In New York?
At this time, it is illegal to operate an online gambling site of any type within the state of New York. We recommend that you steer clear of any online gambling site which attempts to recruit you that is operating within New York State borders. This would mean that they are operating illegally and are more than likely a dangerous operation to get involved with. There are a number of legally licensed and certified Internet gambling sites that are located and regulated outside of the USA that accept players from the state of NY and the United States in general. There are no USA federal gambling laws or state laws which prohibit players from participating in online gambling activity at these legally licensed gambling sites. That being said, it is legal to participate in online gambling in NY as long as you select a legitimate offshore gambling site at which to do so. You can learn more about the legality of gambling in the Big Apple by visiting our guide on New York gambling laws.
Legal New York Online Gambling Sites
Below you will see a table that contains a refined list of our approved New York online gambling sites. Each of these brands is operating legitimately within the industry, and provides players within extremely safe and secure gaming environment and an overall pleasing and high-quality gambling experience. For your convenience, we have also listed their current bonus offers as well as direct one click access to ensure that you securely reach your destination. Each of these online gambling sites is considered to be an industry leader and a trusted brand within the industry.
|Site Name||Bonus||Rating||Type||USA||Visit Site|
|Online Sports Betting Sites|
|Online Poker Sites|
Other New York Gambling Pages
How Do I Find Legitimate And Secure NY online Gambling Sites?
The best option for finding secure, reputable, and legitimate online gambling sites which are operating legally within the industry is to rely on the input of industry professionals through a trusted and respected resource guide such as this one. Once I explain the complex review process that we use to evaluate each and every single gambling site that is included in this guide, you will have an understanding of the level of quality you are getting with the content in this guide. We go to great lengths to verify the legitimacy and quality of each of the Internet gambling brands that you find listed in throughout our site. Here is a list of the operational components which are evaluated in the initial phase of our review process:
- We verify that the gambling site is legally licensed and compliance certified within a legitimate governing jurisdiction. We also verify that the brand in question is in good standing with the applicable governing body, fully compliant with all licensing requirements.
- In our requirements for transparency, we expect any of the websites that we review to be able to show us the certifications which verify that they undergo regular auditing for their RNG technology, software platform, and fair gaming practices. This is a key component in determining the authenticity of a gambling brand.
- We evaluate the site’s security profile to ensure that sophisticated SSL data encryption, firewall protection, and effective fraud prevention systems are in place and monitored around-the-clock.
- We carefully review their online gambling software platform to determine that it provides a consistent and reliable performance as well as an intuitive and user-friendly interface that is feature-rich with customizable options available.
- We look closely at the competency and responsiveness of their customer support team, and how easy it is to contact them.
- We test the efficiency and timeliness of their banking suite to ensure that they offer plenty of USA friendly banking options and that all transactions are processed securely and timely for both deposits and withdrawals.
- We review their bonus offers and promotions to ensure that they are legitimate and that the wagering requirements which are associated with claiming the bonus are reasonable and attainable.
This list represents only the initial phase of our review process. It effectively eliminates the majority of undesirable websites for inclusion in our guide. Any brands which make it through phase 1 are eligible for further investigation to determine if they meet our requirements to be included in our guide and list of recommended gambling sites. The complexity of this review would be daunting for novice players and for even most experienced players.
Part of the reason we are able to obtain some of this information is because of our status as professional consultants within the industry, providing us with access to data that is deeply embedded in an online gambling operation. We are able to analyze the information we obtain so effectively because of our extensive experience in the industry as long-time gamblers ourselves. Many of the red flags present at undesirable gambling sites are easily spotted by our trained eye. There are significant advantages to relying on industry consultants for gambling site recommendations.