United States online casinos make up the most profitable sector of the entire US online gambling industry. It is projected to be a $65 billion industry by the year 2025. However, that number takes a few things for granted (i.e. widespread domestic legalization), and it omits the dominant impact of legal online United States casinos operating offshore.
And it’s that latter market for which we’ve primarily crafted this guide as well as our dedicated online US casino reviews. Our goal is to inform US players aged 18 and up about their legal, safe online gambling options, particularly when their own states don’t offer local iGaming entertainment platforms.
We provide information about the legal status of Internet-based US casino gambling, and we discuss all the old and new USA online casinos that have cropped up over the years. Of course, we also cover all the real-money online casino games available at these venues, so if you want to play at the best casinos in America, you’ve come to the right place.
Are USA Online Casinos Legal for Americans to use?
Yes. US online casinos are legal for American gamblers at 18+, with the sole exception of those residing in Washington state. WA specifically restricts the act of placing a bet online, and despite their laws going almost totally unenforced, you are advised to follow all local gaming regulations.
At the federal level, there are no US online gambling laws that criminalize real-money online casino gaming. And despite recent attempts by the DOJ to rewrite the 1961 Federal Wire Act, that particular mandate still applies exclusively to domestic US sports betting (though not offshore US sports betting).
The only real law of any impact to online USA casino gamblers is the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act (UIGEA). The UIGEA bill – passed in 2006 – is a financial regulation that bars domestic United States banks and payment services from knowingly processing non-US-regulated gambling transactions. The UIGEA – despite its fear-mongering name – does not target individual gamblers in any way.
Trusted Online Casinos That Accept US Players
The sites listed below represent the industry’s cream of the crop. Make no mistake: These are the best online casino USA venues in the world. Our team regularly gambles with each operator, and we’ve been members for years. These US casino sites are all based outside of American borders, making them legal for players stateside.
Further, each site is overseen not only by their local national government, but they’re also regularly audited to ensure fair iGaming compliance and true-to-life gambling odds for every game and market on offer. You can join each venue with full confidence and bet real money online safely and securely, anytime, anywhere.
|Site Name||Bonus||Rating||Type||USA||Visit Site|
What Online Casino Games Are Available At US Gambling Sites?
When you arrive at your chosen Internet gambling destination, you’ll notice that all featured USA online casino games are broken down into general gambling categories. In general, these include online electronic slots machines, casino table games, live-dealer casino games, and specialty games that run the gamut.
Below, we’ve organized the online gambling games in the same general way that the best USA online casinos typically present them. This way, you’ll know exactly what to expect. Of course, that doesn’t mean there won’t be surprises in store, because new titles are always being added and new markets are regularly introduced.
- USA Online Slots: Online slots always make up the bulk of any legit online casino menu, and the overall category includes the following types of games: 3-reel slots, 5-reel slots, iSlots (i.e. interactive slots), 3D slots, and progressive jackpot slots. Our US online slots page provides more granular insight into each option.
- USA Online Blackjack: As one of the most popular casino games at both land-based and online casinos, US players will find several variations of 21 available to them. These include single-deck blackjack, double-deck blackjack, classic blackjack, and more. Learn how to play 21 at our US online blackjack page.
- USA Online Baccarat: Baccarat is actually more popular than many new gamblers realize, but it’s a complex game that takes some getting used to. As such, playing online baccarat (or online mini-bac, for faster sessions) provides the perfect environment to learn the ropes. Our guide to playing US online baccarat will help you get started.
- USA Online Roulette: After slots and BJ, roulette is the most popular casino game both online and off. At the sites listed here, you’ll find multiple variations of the game, including American roulette (0), European roulette (00), French roulette, Spanish roulette, and even more exotic branded versions such as “Diamond Roulette.” Spin the wheel with our guide to US online roulette games.
- USA Online Keno: Keno is sometimes found under the “Specialty Games” section along with online scratch-offs, online bingo, and online lottery games, but it’s popular enough to stand on its own. Keno is an ancient lotto-style game akin to bingo that’s easy for anyone to play. Our guide to US online keno explains the pastime in greater detail.
- USA Online Video Poker: For those who like playing poker but shy away from live games in online poker rooms, video poker is a Royal Flush. At the sites listed here, you’ll find a variety of themed video poker games that are identical to the electronic poker titles in land-based casinos. Our US online video poker guide will deal you all in.
- USA Online Live-Dealer Games: Advanced online video and audio streaming technology has brought the real-world casino experience to your computers and mobile devices. Our guide to playing US live-dealer games will get you started so you can play in front of real dealers and croupiers with confidence. But remember: Proper casino decorum is required!
US Online Casino Game FAQs
Can I play US online casino games using my mobile device?
Yes! You can play each of the online gambling games discussed in this guide from any mobile device on the market. US mobile casinos are web-based, mobile-optimized apps (or “web apps”) that require no special downloads or updates. Just visit the site using your device, and you’re in!
Whether you prefer iPhone casino gambling, iPad casino gambling, or Android casino gambling, everything just works. Responsive design technology means every game automatically fits your device’s screen size and dimensions, and you’ll never need to worry about getting roped in by fake casino apps on the App Store or Google Play store.
What is random number generation?
Random number generation technology – aka RNG technology – is the kind of software used by the most reputable online gambling houses. RNG software guarantees that each casino game is truly randomized and provides real-world betting odds.
The best game developers – such as Realtime Gaming (RTG), Rival Powered, Microgaming, Betsoft, and others all use state-of-the-art RNG tech, and the sites listed here all contract exclusively with these brands.
Best of all, each RNG casino game is compliance certified by industry watchdogs, and every online gambling suite is audited regularly by organizations like eCOGRA to ensure fair iGaming standards are met and exceeded.
What kinds of USA casino bonuses and promotions can I expect?
Online casino bonuses are always offered, and they run the gamut. Typically, new-member casino sign-up bonuses are the most valuable, often boosting your deposit by 50-100% or more. If you deposit with crypto, you can claim even bigger casino promos, and most sites don’t even require casino promo codes. Simply select the option you want during the depositing process, and that’s it!
Aside from casino welcome bonuses, you can also get account reload bonuses, refer-a-friend bonuses, and event-specific bonuses for certain gambling markets and daily/weekly promotions.
It’s important to remember that all online casino promos come with rollover requirements (aka playthrough requirements). These simply mean that a player must risk a certain multiple of their deposit + bonus amount before being eligible for any payouts.
However, since the terms are always friendly and fair, US gamblers should have no trouble meeting them, and we advise accepting bonus gambling offers whenever they’re presented.
Are there USA online casino wagering requirements?
“Wagering requirements” means one of two things at USA online casino sites. The most common association has to do with bonus rollover/playthrough, as mentioned above. These wagering requirements are in place to prevent casino bonus abuse, and the terms for every promo are clearly listed before you accept any bonus.
The second aspect of wagering requirements is more general, and it has to do with minimum bet amounts. These vary by game, but as with bonuses, minimum wagers are clearly expressed in every game offered. Typically, these are very small, with most games having a minimum wager of just $1 to $2. Many online penny slots have even lower minimums.
Note: If you are enrolled in any casino site’s free rewards program, you may also see wagering requirements attached to the rate at which you accrue online gambling rewards points.
What’s the difference between state-regulated and offshore online casinos?
There are huge differences! For one, state-regulated casinos – that is, domestic USA casinos that operate within a given state – are very limited. Fewer than 10 US states have legal iGaming markets within their borders, and players must be physically inside the state in question to participate. Additionally, state-licensed online casinos have a universal minimum age to play of 21+.
Meanwhile, offshore casinos are the sites we recommend here. These are not geofenced and are legally available to all USA players in most cases. Additionally, most of these sites have a minimum age to play of just 18 and up, which means younger adults can gamble safely.
As far as game selection, we’ve found that very few domestic US online gambling sites can match the variety and scope of the sites listed here. While the games are arguably just as good, there are far fewer of them on tap. If you want variety – as well as extra betting markets like sports, poker, and horses – offshore is in play!
State-Specific US Online Casinos
Below, you can gain quick access to information about US-friendly online casinos by state. Simply choose the state in which you reside, and you’ll see all your legal gambling options front and center.
These pages provide insight into regional gambling laws and casino markets, along with recommendations for safe, secure online casinos that accept players from each region.